LIFE HACKS 1

Four Practical Ways to Manage Overwhelming Tasks.


How do you manage overwhelming tasks?


There are periods in your life when it seems you have so many things to do all at once. These could be as a result of circumstances beyond your control or your poor time management (we'll talk about this soon).


You have a lot on your table and seem to be making no headway. Some are deadlines just round the corner yet you've got no feasible action plan.


It seems you're gonna crash soon yeah? Hold on, I've got some tips for you. They've helped me greatly and I'm sure they'll help you too!


SLEEP

One major sign of being overwhelmed for me is a headache (and sometimes the beginnings of a fever or sickly feeling)

I shutdown and sleep in to cure this. Drinking lots of water is a plus. You should try this!


WRITING LISTS

Writing out lists helps me to think and organise. I see this as the most proactive physical action I can take to strategize my next moves.


Say I have 3 to 4 tasks choking me up at a time. I list them as major headings then outline whatever I have to do under each tasks, down to the smallest detail I can recall. I go ahead to give myself timelines within which to achieve them.


This unclogs my brain and simplifies the actions I have to take. It also helps me create a to-do list for the coming day or days.


I've noticed to-do lists work best for me when I do them as one of the last things before I sleep (Wordle, NYT Mini and finishing my Bible reading for the day are the last items on my daily agenda, in that order) or first thing after prayers. Any time after those is usually ineffective as your day is already interrupted by different things.


I used to make mental lists but writing them out is the best option! Someone said: "A pen and paper is better then the best memory," I concur!


CALL A FRIEND

There are some people who are very good at giving you insights and showing you options you never thought of, talking it out with such friends helps greatly. They have a way of broadening your perspective and showing you angles you couldn't have seen by yourself. Their advise not only goes a long way in soothing and easing your stress but helps you make some practical and efficient moves.


Overwhelmed today? Call that friend!

It's not just any friend; note the category described. 



PRAY (in the Holy Ghost)

Did you think I wouldn't go this route? Prayer is not impractical and praying in tongues (same as in the Holy Ghost) is an excellent way of winding down, clearing your head and getting excellent ideas!


Take out 30mins to an hour and 'blast' in those tongues! It brings this relief and energy you'd be thrilled to experience. Let's not forget the ideas that'll flow, top notch ones👌


You don't pray in tongues? slide into my DM let's get you there.


SUMMARY 

>> Sleep

>> Write it out

>> Talk it out

>> Pray it out!


Those are methods that work for me. How about you? How do you manage overwhelming tasks? Let me hear your own opinion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HYPOCRITE

The Client

SOLDIER BOY 2