SOLDIER BOY 2

And yes, your guess was close, he asked for my number quite alright, no, not a kiss (eeeuwww), he implied a future that involved a ring and making babies too(Lols!) but his condition for letting go of my hand was indeed preposterous: I'll come hang out with him at his flat somewhere around Zango later in the evening, shey I can cook? I'll fix something quick and we'll just gist and play, nothing serious, nothing would happen... Ha! Is your mouth dropping open like mine did that time? (in my head) Of course I maintained a calm façade and with that smile that makes some 'fools' (yes fools), think I'm joking, I said 'No Sir, I can't do that', 'Why?', Soldier boy was asking why??? And truly, why would I say no? Values, Principles, Standards, KNOWLEDGE: I knew better!

Apparently, he'd met many naive girls in his time and I painted the poster picture for naïve with my small frame, multicolored weave-on and modelling papers. He really wasn't taking no for an answer and I kept struggling to pull my hands out. You can imagine the spectacle we made. It's really amusing that this was in public, shey I'd have just started shouting 'Help! Help! B.H.!!', but the fear of B.H. wasn't in town yet that time and it was campus jare, guys ‘toast’ girls in different ways, maturity sister! I was really appalled though that he could meet me a stranger and make such a request...

I won't go all, 'God forbid! I never even considered it!', naaah, I did consider! 😒. For a second, yeah, for a second, he sounded convincing, and I my thoughts went: 'Loosen up Vie, it's just a friendly visit, soldier boy doesn't drink, smoke or do women... he even goes to church once in a while; it won't be bad to make friends; at least even if you no join army you go get army friend (wey get marriage proposal in mind) ...😕. Petty dilemma it was right? But I believe all my Mother's prayers and common sense that has been instilled in me over the years kicked into action (yes I knew my Bible too but talk of wavering...) Perhaps, in the spirit realm is was like a wrestling match, me and this guy in the arena and all heaven and hell as spectators; the devil might've been like, 'Yeah! I got her in a tricky corner! Silly!' And Christ would've been like, 'Naah, She's too precious, My sacrifice speaks for her, My Spirit is with her and He'll guide her to the best path'... And the saner part of me prevailed of cos! Haba, it's not for this kinda thing that my 'Wild Version' will enter activation mode. It was way outside my Christian values first of all and morally indiscreet of course! I kept refusing, he kept insisting, back and forth we went, he was dragging me back like physically mehn and we started drawing a few odd glances. Chai! The height of my embarrassment! And I didn’t want to make a public spectacle but, no! The answer was No! Finally, sighs... He said, 'Oya, let's enter Pepsi Garden and eat/talk'... Jesus is good to Vadoo😀! So we ate and talked about how he liked how simple and uncomplicated I was, what cream did I use? Which soap? My skin looked so good (Shuuu, me?), I should still consider his request bla bla... Mundaneness!

See, if I had a poor self-esteem and understanding of who I was, I would have been swayed perhaps, no joke. He sounded earnest and yes, I was naïve but thank God I had Godly sense! Maybe he was rejoicing in his mind that he'd gotten easy prey, who knows? And maybe you'd have gotten a more interesting or sorry version of this story if I'd gone with him, hmmm!

But, last last, dear young ladies, no guy should sweep you off your feet with such jargon. Go to his house for an innocent hang out ke! Don't give room for stories that touch. You're precious, you're valuable, you're priceless, let no devil think he can get you cheap. Your price is far above rubies. (He should come to your house and see your parents😝)

And yes, there are those who have sorry stories from similar experiences but no, that doesn't make you worthless, useless or anything less than Abba's precious child. You can still rise above the ashes and keep your head high. The next bus of deception won't find you on it. The precious seed of greatness in you can't be stamped out. Keep your focus on things above. Know your Father. Know your worth. Know your value. Build yourself and when it's the right bus, Daddy will let you know; it won't carry a cloak of deception!

P.S: I gave him my number though, we parted ways and he called once or twice... Imagine! Smh, the hotness in his blood had certainly cooled (after all the drama).

It is said that, Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action”🤔. Our paths crossed again in school like a year later. He was the one that actually saw me first and came over to say hi... Smiles... Today, I cannot recall this guy’s face from Adam!😂

#ViE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HYPOCRITE

The Client